- “I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object be what it may – light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful.“
- John Constable (1776 – 1837)
She also told me I could never learn to write until I learned how to print. I never learned how to write and to this day cursive writing escapes me, if I need to leave you a note you will find it printed. But I am happy to say Ms. Matchett that I earn a good living writing. However very much to her credit Ms. Matchett also told me to watch the world carefully, because beauty was hiding everywhere and we didn’t need to go to museums or art galleries to find it.
- A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind.
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi (1893 – 1986)
- I’ve left a few pencil shavings around my studio today, just for you. Thank you Ms. Matchett.